Accommodation Listings for Travel on VIU business

It is suggested that employees travelling on institutional business stay with firms that have offered special rates to the BC Provincial Government, which, as a listed agency, we are able to obtain. These rates do not apply to personal travel.

Note: The BC Government will not be issuing the government rate letter as per past practice. Employees travelling on Institutional business may need to identify themselves as VIU employees to the accommodation provider. Your employee ID card should be sufficient, we suggest you confirm this when making your reservation.

Additionally, VIU is a member of the Canadian Association of University Business Officers (CAUBO). An agreement under CAUBO allows us to use the rates for hotels outside of BC as noted:

For information regarding vehicle rentals for VIU business, please contact Procurement and Contract Services.

Other Travel Links